M. Bauer, Germany
Moderator of 1 Session
Topics for discussion:
1. The unmet need in MDD: importance of rapid treatment and emergency care.
• Overview of the burden of MDD and the challenges in patient management
• The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Introduce the concept of psychiatric emergencies and the importance of rapid treatment.
2. How can we optimise the management of MDD and TRD?
• Overview of the treatment options for MDD and TRD and in psychiatric emergencies, including new fast-acting treatments.
• How treatment can be optimised for patients with MDD and TRD,
3. Digital care in psychiatry: challenges and opportunities.
• The challenge and rewards of digital approaches within psychiatry, such as virtual consultations or use of smartphone apps in mental healthcare.
• How these may be incorporated into patient care in MDD and TRD.